March 17, 2009

Why you should upgrade

We might think that it is really unnecessary to upgrade your computer. For me, I think that it is worth it. I was having some dificulty with my system because whenever I tried to go to the Add/Remove Program, it gave me a couple of error messages. So I concluded that there must be something wrong with the system.

Then I got to change my Software Sources and configured it back to Normal Releases in the distros will come up in the update. This meant that I would be getting update and yes, soon enough, I got the update for 8.10 and started the upgrade.

The upgrade took a total of about 4 hours even with the broadband connection. This meant that Ubuntu must make a better server because I was not even downloading with a lot of speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment