Chapter: Addresses At the Parliament of Religious
- Response to Welcome
- Hinduism is a religion with tolerance and universal acceptence.
- All religions are also true as well as Hinduism.
- India gave those shelter after the Romans destroyed the Jew's holy temple.
- India also sheltered the Zorastrian believers.
- He quoted the lines: As the different streams having their sources in different places all mingle their water in the sea, so, O Lord, the different paths which men take through different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to Thee.
- Fanaticism, bigotry and sin has filled up the Earth to lead us into today's stage which has made us slow in further progress.
- Why We Disagree
- He gave a story to show that there should be variance (variation): A frog who had always lived in a single placed in his own well never got to see the outside world. So one day, when another frog from the sea fell into the well, he asked if the sea was as big as the well to which the sea frog laughed and did not want to compare the well with the sea. The frog from the well called him a liar and that is all because of the same reason that he had never seen anything more than the well.
- We, the Hindus, Christians and the Muslims are living in our own well, not thinking about the world around us. We have to look around and see what is there and what the world has to offer.