- Paper On Hinduism
- Three religions, the Zoroastrian, Judaism and Hinduism has suffered through years of prehistoric times.
- Vedas is not books but laws that were there before and would be there after just as law of gravity was there before and would stay there even after the discovery of the law. This the same way the relationship between the soul and individual spirits and with the Supreme would crease to exist even after the discovery and even if we ought to forget it.
- Vedas teach us that creationism is without a beginning or end. Science says that the cosmic energy is always the same, as it is said that he stayed potential then turned into kinetic energy. Thus it is also said that he would be mutable or a compound which would make Him undergo changes such as destruction. But if that is true then it is not possible as God cannot die (one of the principle of God) and this would mean that creation was before time.
- The creation and creator are two different with no beginning and no end as they are running parallel to each other.
- A Brahmin boy repeats "The sun and the moon, the Lord created like the suns and moons of previous cycles" everyday.
- The body dies but the soul does not die. Each individual are different through many ways, living all happy times through and others are all different with sad life throughout. Questions of Him being partial can be called as there cannot be any recall of prosperous life after this life. Also there might have been curses or such that recall him to do such action.
- Genetics gives us certain characteristics but they are not physical as they get characteristics from past tendency. You do not remember anything of your past life just as if you speak English, you would not be able to speak your mother-language as you try and struggle to get it into your knowledge again. Consciousness is the surface of the mental world and the experiences are far below.
- The soul is a circle whose circumference is nowhere and whose center is located in the body, and the death is only the change from one body to another body's center.
- The soul is eternal, immortal, perfect, and infinite. Death means change of the center of the body to another body's center. The present is determined from our past and future from our present.
- The Vedas tell a cause and effect of actions not laws and as the head of all these laws stand the One. We are taught to live in the world and work with our hands and our hearts to the God. To teach this, a story is given: "One of the disciples of Krishna, the then
Emperor of India, was driven from his kingdom by his enemies and had to take shelter with his queen in a forest in the Himalayas, and there one day the queen asked him how it was that he, the most virtuous of men, should suffer so much misery. Yudhishthira answered, "Behold, my queen, the Himalayas, how grand and beautiful they are; I love them. They do not give me
anything, but my nature is to love the grand, the beautiful, therefore I love them. Similarly, I
love the Lord. He is the source of all beauty, of all sublimity. He is the only object to be loved;
my nature is to love Him, and therefore I love. I do not pray for anything; I do not ask for
anything. Let Him place me wherever He likes. I must love Him for love's sake. I cannot trade
- The soul is held between the bondage of matter and through Mukti it could be freed. Because of the Hindu conceptions, it can be said that if you have seen the soul, you have also seen God. This concepts are not to be rules, but to be believed and to become out of it.
- One who reaches Mukti gets infinite, lives infinite and enjoys bliss. As in that time, the soul cannot have any qualities, neither can it be an individual, and join Brahman to realize it's existence with the soul as knowledge, existence and bliss are all absolute. Greater happiness comes through universal consciousness.
- It is Advaita or unity that is necessary between the body and the soul. The paragraph describes the goal of science: Science is nothing but the finding of unity. As soon as science would reach perfect unity, it
would stop from further progress, because it would reach the goal. Thus Chemistry could not
progress farther when it would discover one element out of which all other could be made.
Physics would stop when it would be able to fulfill its services in discovering one energy of
which all others are but manifestations, and the science of religion become perfect when it
would discover Him who is the one life in a universe of death, Him who is the constant basis
of an ever-changing world. One who is the only Soul of which all souls are but delusive
manifestations. Thus is it, through multiplicity and duality, that the ultimate unity is reached.
Religion can go no farther. This is the goal of all science.
- The scriptures say: "External worship, material worship, is the lowest stage; struggling to rise high, mental prayer is the next stage, but the highest stage is when the Lord has been realized. Him the Sun cannot express, nor the moon, nor the stars, the lightning cannot
express Him, nor what we speak of as fire; through Him they shine.
- To Hindus, they are travelling from truth to truth, from lower truth to a higher truth. To them, religion is travelling, as other religions are trying to adopt the same God in different ways, creating contradictions.
- Lord Krishna quoted: "I am in every religion as the thread through a string of pearls. Wherever thou seest extraordinary holiness and extraordinary power raising and purifying humanity, know thou that I am there."